Mercer offers comprehensive options to meet the objectives related to employee health and welfare benefit plans, while ensuring compliance with the health care reform legislation.
Mercer has more than three decades of industry leadership in researching, designing, implementing, and tracking the adoption of innovative health solutions. Nowhere is this leadership more evident than in our range of services related to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), sweeping legislation that has produced the most significant changes to the US health care system since Medicare was established in 1965.
Mercer provides clients with comprehensive options to meet the business, strategic, and financial objectives related to their employee health and welfare benefit plans, while ensuring compliance with the health care reform legislation. We work with clients to:
- Assess benefits strategy and plan designs to implement health care reform within the framework of the legislation.
- Conduct financial modeling to quantify the ACA’s impact.
- Ensure compliance with the law and avoidance of penalties.
- Develop cost-management and cost-mitigation strategies.
- Produce tools and resources to communicate health care reform provisions to employees.
- Implement administrative solutions to meet the ACA’s employee eligibility and affordability requirements.
Our legal and regulatory expertise, combined with our market-leading employee health and benefits consulting, administration, and broking services, makes Mercer the ideal partner for navigating the challenges — and opportunities — of health care reform.
Health Reform Five Years In
Mercer’s latest survey on health reform, asked employers about open enrollment results for 2015 to determine the impact of ESR on employer-sponsored plans.