Plan sponsors must approach 2021 on two fronts – ensuring resiliency to address today’s unique environment while evolving to prepare for a post-COVID world. What are the top 6 priorities DC plan sponsors should consider in 2021?
What if you could secure your foundation, achieve greater prosperity, and inspire confidence — in your business and with your employees? As the retirement landscape continues to evolve, you may need ways to ensure your employees trust your programs, planning, savings, and investment advice, and at the same time, generate more value for your business.
Click on boxes below to read three different scenarios of how we can work with you.(1)
• Mercer solution: Leveraging Mercer’s “Inside Employees’ Minds” survey and our “Financial Courage Index” provided insight. We advised on the concept of peer signaling to create a “nest egg” campaign.
• Results: 83% of targeted segments took action that could improve their finances.
• Mercer solution: Mercer conducted a plan line-up review, recommended reducing number of investment options from 31 to 13 — recognizing Target Date Funds as one option— by eliminating redundancy.
• Results: Reduced annual investment expenses by $2.3 million per year through use of collective trusts and separate accounts.
• Mercer solution: After reviewing delegated vs. advisory models against client objectives, client chose an OCIO model. We helped streamline the fund line-up with custom, multi-manager options and a white-label approach.
• Results: Enhanced governance structure reduced risk, and reduced investment management and operating fees by $2.1M per year.
Get the operational infrastructure support you need for enhanced governance and risk management.
Learn about our advisory services, investment consulting and philosophy, and ”whole of life” perspective.Learn more
A “do-it-for-me approach” that may help you mitigate fiduciary risk and have more time to spend on the strategic issues of your business. Mercer defines the plan investment menu to align with your desired structure and handles all implementation and plan evaluation— we offer a continuum of OCIO solutions.
From governance to mitigating fiduciary risk, our defined contribution solutions help you generate more value for your business and your employees. We can offer the right level of risk management from plan oversight and ongoing monitoring to customized financial wellness programs that seek to improve your employees’ well-being, enhance participant success, and enable your employees to take more control over their financial futures.
Please See Important Notices For Further Information.
1 These case studies are illustrations of Mercer's capabilities provided to certain clients. Client results will vary and there can be no guarantee of similar results.
2 Pensions & Investments. Pensions & Investments Survey, November 27, 2017. Please see “Important Notices” for more information on Assets Under Advisement.
3 Data is as of December 31, 2017. Please see “Important Notices” for more information on Assets Under Management.
4 Independent Research in Responsible Investment, Survey 2017.
5 CIO 2016 Outsourced-Chief Investment Officer Survey February 28, 2017. Please see Important Notices for further information on Assets under Advisement and Assets under Management.
We’d be happy to set up a free consultation or send you more information to get you started.